Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
In this episode Christian talks with Andreas Kambach, a native of Germany who works as a management consultant for Liebich & Partner, predominantly in Southeast Asian markets.
Andreas has spent most of his professional career working for German tool manufacturers and helped build sales and distribution arms in India, China, Thailand, and Singapore. Today he utilizes his experience of developing business subsidiaries for a Western small/mid-size enterprise in the APAC region in his consulting practice.
Some of the topics Andreas highlights during this episode:
- the importance of building relationships with Chinese (and other Asian) business partners
- the (perceived) slower pace of business: visit the country frequently and don’t expect to sign a deal right away
- the need for a local liaison which will help you open doors in SE-Asian markets
- the importance of rapport building and adjusting to communication styles in collectivist cultures
You can connect with Andreas Kambach via various online outlets:
LinkedIn • Xing • Slideshare
Listener feedback for The Culture Guy Podcast has been great and we encourage you to keep sending us your input for future episodes:
- What are your tips and tricks for cultural adjustment?
- What were some of your most memorable “cultural fool moments”?
- Which topics would you like to hear discussed on future podcast episodes?
To send in your feedback for the show, please email Christian and use our social media outlets: The Culture Mastery Facebook Page, the Facebook Page for The Culture Guy Podcast, our company’s Twitter feed, and Christian’s personal Twitter.
In fact, we would be honored if you could help us spread the word about The Culture Guy Podcast. Tell your networks and show people this page so we can get a feel for which cross-cultural topics you are most passionate about.
Please use the hashtag #TheCultureGuy when you share this idea with your connections.
If you are interested in learning more about cultural competence, we invite you to sign up for our newsletter, The Culture Reflections. As a token of our appreciation you will receive FREE whitepapers on cultural competence from us! Go ahead and sign up here now and we will send you the download links to the FREE whitepapers via email.Sign up NOW to receive your FREE white papers!
Share this Post