In this February 2016 episode Christian talks to Dr. Takanori K. Endo, CEO of Mind Life Solutions, and Crucing, LLC.
Dr. Endo is a licensed clinical psychologist, international trainer, and speaker. Since 2005 he has dedicated his time to researching human psychology as it relates to competence, crisis, and conflict resolution. He has helped thousands of people in over 30 different countries.
During their interview, Taka and Christian talk about how the face-saving nature of Japanese culture makes it difficult for foreigners to fit in, how Samurai traditions are still shaping today’s behaviors in Japan, what it is like to be a third culture person growing up between the United States and Japan, and more.
You will be able to find much of Taka’s work on his LinkedIn profile and he shares valuable bits of information via his Twitter @takanorikendo. You’ll also see Taka’s work on Facebook, on his English language blog, and on his Japanese website (or his other Japanese website. Yes, the man stays busy!).
In this episode Christian also talks about:
- A new signature program being developed at The Culture Mastery: Our high-level leadership development group, The Culture Mastermind, which will include retreats in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Adam Markel’s upcoming book release of PIVOT and how listeners can get a free copy months before it will hit the shelves at international book retailers.
- The winter workshop schedule of the Intercultural Communication Institute, which will be holding classes in Charlotte, NC in March. Details can be found here: http://intercultural.org/wiic.html
Listener feedback has been great and we encourage you to keep sending us your input for future episodes:
- What are your tips and tricks for cultural adjustment?
- What were some of your most memorable “cultural fool moments”?
- Which topics would you like to hear discussed on future podcast episodes?
To send in your feedback for the show, please email Christian and use our social media outlets: The Culture Mastery Facebook Page, the Facebook Page for The Culture Guy Podcast, our company’s Twitter feed, and Christian’s personal Twitter.
In fact, we would be honored if you could help us spread the word about The Culture Guy Podcast. Tell your networks and show people this page so we can get a feel for which cross-cultural topics you are most passionate about.
Please use the hashtag #TheCultureGuy when you share this idea with your connections.
If you are interested in learning more about cultural competence, we invite you to sign up for our newsletter, The Culture Reflections. As a token of our appreciation you will receive three FREE white papers on cultural competence from us! Go ahead and sign up here now and we will send you the download links to the FREE white papers via email.Sign up NOW to receive your FREE white papers!
Share this Post