Helping U.S.-based businesses become more successful when working with Mexico and Colombia
With Latin America as the closest and one of the largest markets for U.S. business, companies that want to succeed have to overcome challenges and meet opportunities of intercultural communication with their Latin American counterparts. The U.S. Commercial Service is partnering with The Culture Mastery for a workshop which will provide Tennessee entrepreneurs with insights into the major cultural differences between the domestic American market and those in Colombia and Mexico.
We invite you to join our own Christian Höferle, the U.S. Department of Commerce, and high caliber trade professionals at the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce on May 16, 11am as they speak about U.S., Colombian and Mexican cultural communications styles and how to build better business relationships.
At this seminar, we will discuss:
- How culture affects workplace and business behaviors, communication, negotiation styles and attitudes
- How the dominant behavioral characteristics of Mexico & Colombia compare to the United States
- How to identify the most glaring cultural gaps
- Strategies and best practices for doing business with Latin American partners
- Communication patterns, sales and marketing approaches, managerial styles
- The DOs & DON’Ts, as well as the WHYs of behavioral differences
Who Should Attend:
Entrepreneurs, exporters, and staff working with Latin American customers or companies wanting to expand their sales to Latin America.
Speakers & Panelists:
- Christian Höferle, President & CEO, The Culture Mastery, LLC
- Paul Bonovich, President, Consolidated Inventory Supply
- Peter Jones, Vice President, International Business, DTN Network
- Martha Taylor Fischer, Office Manager, John S. James
- Robert Leach, Director, Knoxville-US Export Assistance Center, U.S. Department of Commerce
Date & Location:
Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 11AM – 2:00PM
Knoxville Chamber of Commerce
17 Market Square #201
Knoxville, TN 37902
Registration begins at 10:30 am. The networking event starts at 11:30 am to meet experts in international marketing, finance and logistics.
For additional information, please call Robert Leach, Director of the Knoxville USEAC at (865) 545-4637.
Cost: only $30 for this event (includes lunch!)
If you are interested in learning more about cultural competence, we invite you to sign up for our newsletter, The Culture Reflections. As a token of our appreciation you will receive a series of complimentary white papers on cultural competence from us!
Go ahead and sign up here now and we will send you the download links to the FREE white papers via email.
Share this Post